Saturday, November 17, 2018

I woke up screaming...

You know when you have a day when everything seems to go wrong? Yesterday, Friday the 16th, was one of those for me.

It started badly. Like I said, I woke up screaming. As a diabetic, I've had muscle cramps in my legs before. Apparently early in the morning my foot became caught in a fold of a blanket and as I tossed and turned in bed my foot cramped, and then my leg.

If you've ever had these type of cramps, you know they are very, very painful. I woke up screaming and in my panic to extricate from my blankets I nearly fell out of bed. I had to sit on the edge of the bed and massage my legs for ten minutes before I could even stand up.

After a while I limped to the office, where we later earned Windtream has just spontaneously decided to disconnect our phone lines. If you call the main number you get a message it's no longer in service; if you call the fax machine you get the same message but you still hear the fax machine trying to pick up in the background.

Windstream said they have a work ticket on it and it should be fixed by 6 p.m. MONDAY.

Monday is the busiest day of the week at the newspaper office. Thanks, guys.

At the end of the day, I told Patricia I wanted to pamper myself and we went to a local restaurant where I ordered a rib eye steak for dinner.

I never got it. We waited an hour and ten minutes and then gave up and walked out. We went to McDonalds for quarter pounders.

Yep, we all have days like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...