Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Secessionist Shuffle"

After getting a start to "The Sanguine Empire", I realized I really need to get back to another AH story I started on a few months ago, "The Secessionist Shuffle". It's about what happens when the American Civil War breaks out like now, after the election of the first black President (a compromise in 1861 prevented the Fort Sumter crisis from turning to an all-out war.)

I want to give a copy of this story to someone at ArmadilloCon, so I'd like to finish it by then. I already have over 3,500 words - what I did today was give it a real beginning, and yanked out a plot element that wasn't going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...