Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"The Fontane Sisters are Dead"

is done, and sent off to Sheila Williams at Asimovs. Came in finally at 6,938 words. It is the 90th short story I have written in eight years.

Of all the stories I have ever written, this is the one that I like the most - which means nobody will ever buy it.

But I don't care, I write for my own enjoyment. In this case, I like the plot, the dialogue and story structure, and the ending really snapped.

The original working title of the story was "Golem Gal Won't You Come Out Tonight?"

I already got a 700 word start to "The Sanguine Empire". More importantly, I figgered out how to finagle a crucial plot twist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...