Monday, February 25, 2008

Some notes from ConDFW

Had a nice time at ConDFW this weekend. As previously noted, I didn’t leave Mount Pleasant until about 4:20 p.m. I arrived at the Radisson at 6:15 p.m. Met Bill Ledbetter and Jerry Adams there and we ate dinner at a great Chinese restaurant across the street and down the block, with Jerry’s teenager daughter coming along. Had a real good visit.
We all went back to the hotel and parted. I attended the Buzz Blaster radio play, where I was shanghaied into voicing a small part as a time travel technician. Afterwards I made the rounds of the suites upstairs. The con suite on the 12th floor was well stocked and not too crowded. Ran into Bill and Jerry there (our paths would cross all evening).
I also visited the suites for Fencon and Armadillocon. Fencon suite was actually crowded, and of all the places I stopped, I chatted there the least. I had some nice chats in the Armadillocon suite. Learned a few things, too, from chatting with someone who was an engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...