Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here comes Santa Claus

I've actually had to cut back on my posting this past week because of carpal tunnel problems. I've had to do so much writing recently (mostly work related) that my left wrist is really getting gimped up. I'm one of those old fogies who only types with one finger per hand. That means both hands share the typing equally, and when I type a lot, the left will blow out first.
The local Chamber of Commerce got me to volunteer to help them in December. I agreed to be one of their Santa Clauses for the "Photos with Santa" project they will have downtown on the weekend. So I am letting my beard grow out. It's already getting fluffy.
Well, just as I completed my round of conventions for this year, I got the invite to ConDFW this week from Guest Chairman Dan Robb. Of course, I'll be happy to attend. They have Harry Turtledove as GOH. It will be held in February in Dallas. As I have mentioned before, ConDFW in 2003 was the first con I ever attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...