Friday, October 13, 2006

Coincidence

I recently realized a very practical reason why I can't attend the World Fantasy Con this year. Each year one of the largest special projects we do at my newspaper is a special section commemorating Veterans Day. With the Red River Army Depot located here in Bowie County, we have a ton of former military people who live in the area. Veterans Day is Nov. 11; the special section will be published Nov. 8. This is such a large project that I will have to work on the previous weekend to insure it gets done on time - which is also the weekend of World Fantasy Con.
I wonder whether I recalled how the calendar fell all along, that's why I was always very tentative about going.
Also, after traveling out of town those three weekends in September, I am really enjoying staying home for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...