Sunday, September 29, 2019

Dealers Room loot

Fencon was a week ago. Since then I have posted a few times about the people and panels. Now I want to post a bit about Dealers Room loot.

I don't know why it is or why it happens, but I have gone to conventions and not found anything I was interested in (I'm usually looking for books). The number of book sellers seems to have diminished over the years at cons.

Then I have gone to conventions and had great finds with books. Fencon was an example of this. I walked in Friday afternoon and made three different finds in ten minutes.

First, the magazines. I found this copy of Fantastic Stories of the Imagination and snapped it up, because I had no idea Earle Stanley Gardner has ever written any s-f. I'll have to read it.

I picked up the copy of the British magazine, Science Fantasy, when I saw the story "The Sound Sweep" by J.G. Ballard. I've never read the story, but I recognize the title. Trevor Horn, one of the founder of the Buggles, said the story was the inspiration for the song "Video Killed the Radio Star".

I'll post later on some of the books I picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...