Thursday, May 16, 2019

Hot and sour soup therapy

I haven't posted as much in the last week or so as I usually do. Starting May 9 I finally came down with a serious cold and it slowed me down considerably.

We've had a very rainy and chilly winter and spring here in Northeast Texas. I'm lucky I didn't get sick earlier, but I graduated from the normal seasonal allergy congestion to a full-blown cold last week. Listless, sore throat, severe congestion - you know the drill.

I spent most of last weekend in bed. Rest and Theraflu seemed to help a lot, but it didn't seem quite licked. So Monday night I tried another remedy I've used in the past. Patricia and I drove 30 miles to Paris and - in addition to the regular dinner meal - I gulped down two bowls of hot and sour soup at the Golden China restaurant.

It seems to have worked. By Tuesday I was feeling much better, and now I think I've recovered - which means I still have the just the seasonal allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...