Sunday, April 14, 2019

Or in this case, a son-of-an-obituary

Game of Thrones? I never liked high fantasy, and I'd think better of George R.R. Martin if he hadn't lent his name and prestige to the lynch mob that went after the Sad Puppy Hugo nominees in 2015. He black balled a bunch of nominees that year from the Hugo awards after-party, calling them "assholes", including myself. You just don't forget that kind of abuse and disrespect from someone you didn't hurt in the first place.

Of course, we've seen in the years since the Hugos degenerate into some kind of political correctness participation award for well-connected mediocre writers. No honest or intelligent writer takes them seriously any more.

In the meantime, I sit on the sidelines,rub my hands and wait to use one of the perks of my business.

I am SO looking forward to writing his obituary.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Mike. You'll get the same treatment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suit yourself. I won't be writing one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharp Puppy8:49 PM

    It's a pity about George R.R. Martin, isn't it? He's such a good writer. "Sandkings" and "Tuf Voyaging" are immortal. You want to like him personally. But the fellow lost me when he acted like a total tool about the election of some president or other. I forget if it was George W. Bush. Such a delicate, far-leftist snowflake for a man who wrote the gorefest that is "A Song of Ice and Fire". -_-

    Anyways, a good epitaph might be "Wrote Well — Still Full of Crap". ^^;

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...