Thursday, February 07, 2019

Turn and walk away

I hate it when I see this, I never get used to it:

I was waiting at the local pharmacy just after work today to pick up a prescription An elderly man was ahead of me; from his birth date when they asked it, I know he's 77.

When the cashier told him how much the prescription cost, he waved it off and wouldn't take it. He left without his medicine.

I have seen this happen a number of times over the years, senior citizens leaving a pharmacy without getting their meds because they can't afford it.

The way the big pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. rake in the dough at the expense of the sick and ailing is disgraceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...