Friday, December 28, 2018

Look! Up in the sky!

On the subject of zoomies...

When Sugar was a pup (she's 12 now) she really liked to end her zoomies with a flourish. Sugar would land on the couch by taking a really long run and hurtling onto the couch length-wise.

Patricia told me that if she was at one end of the couch, Sugar would take a leap and actually HURDLE her and land at the opposite end of the couch. I didn't believe her.

Then one day Patricia was sitting at one end of the couch, and I was at the other. I heard a furious scrambling of paws and then looked up to see...

Well, for a moment my brain didn't register what I was seeing because it was literally something I had never seen before. The it registered. I was looking at Sugar'e underbelly because she had taken a running leap and indeed jumped over Patricia. She was flying through the air at me.

A moment later Sugar collided with my head and fell onto the floor. She hadn't known I was sitting there. If I hadn't, she would was landed perfectly at the far corner of the couch.

I was amazed at her agility, and she's still pretty agile today. But she never did that flying leap length-wise onto the couch ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...