Saturday, January 13, 2018

A new record...

I sat down after breakfast this morning to write a short story for Dawn Witzke for the upcoming Earth anthology - part of the Superversive Press Planet series.

I promised her a while back that I would submit something. I have been very distracted the past few weeks because of my buying the local newspaper, so I was late.

I started at 8:30 a.m. and wrote up the story, "This Planet is a Hole", in an hour - 1,395 words. I emailed it to Dawn, who read it immediately.

She accepted it at 9:58 a.m.

So I am proud to announce that my short story "This Planet is a Hole" will be published in the forthcoming Earth anthology.

Furthermore, I more than halved my previous record for start to acceptance of a short story, which was four hours for "The Yellow Flag", published in Sci-Phi Journal in August 2016.

An hour and a half! Jeez, I guess I learned to write good copy fast working as a journalist for 40 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...