Thursday, November 16, 2017

Latest aceptance

A few years ago, after I'd had maybe 100 or so short stories published, there was a lot of clamor from my fans for me to write a novel.

Problem was, I am so comfortable at the short story length, I just couldn't see my way to something that long.

But I knew that many novels were expanded versions of short stories or novelettes. I assumed at some point I would start a short story that could be drawn out to book length.

That happened at the start of 2015. I got into a short story and I realized I could make it out to novel-length. That became my Dragon finalist alternate history "Another Girl, Another Planet".

Earlier this year Superversive Press opened a call for a Mars-themed anthology. Shortly afterward, I happened to stumble across the start of the original story on my computer..

I finished it, and submitted it, and I'm proud to announce that it will be published in the anthology.

Anyone who's read "Another Girl, Another Planet" will understand why this short story version is called "The Girl Who Died Twice".

I know it's a little backwards now - the short story coming AFTER the novel - but I think that, in addition to it being a good story, it is interesting to see how you can tell from it how "Another Girl, Another Planet" evolved.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...