Saturday, September 16, 2017

Lies, lies, lies, and bullshit

At the Amazing Stories web site, there is a guest editorial by one Chris M. Barkley engaging in more useless navel gazing over the Sad Puppies vs. Rabid Puppies vs. blah blah blah issue and such.
I wouldn't bother to mention this except for one passage that caught my attention:

"Their views vastly contrast with The Rabid Puppies, primarily represented by Theodore Beale (aka Vox Day), John C. Wright and Lou Antonelli, they are unabashedly and enthusiastically racist in their worldview and their fiction. They believe a white male hegemony over all peoples of color, women and the LGBTQ community is the best course for the human race AND any aliens we may encounter, to put it mildly."

Ok, I don't know what kind of stupid bullshit rumors have wafted through Mr. Barkley's empty cranium, but it is specious to lump me in with Vox Day and John C. Wright.

Plus to claim I am "unabashedly and enthusiastically racist" in my worldview is simply libelous. I dare this hatemonger to point to anything I have ever said or did that was racist - because I'm not. As the first generation non-white child of an illegal immigrant, I have always felt revulsion towards ethnic and racial prejudice - I have been on the receiving end, believe me.

Mr. Barkley is entitled to his opinion, but not his lies. It's pathetic he tosses out such slander so casually.

But, as the saying goes, consider the source. Steve Davidson and the Amazing Stories web site are right up there with File 770 as the biggest cesspools of hate and bigotry against people who did them no harm.

Just to make my position on racism clear, I'm a Christian. God made man - all men: White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Red, whatever. A racist is God-defiant. He's putting himself above God by saying God made a mistake. A racist does the Devil's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...