Friday, March 18, 2016

It's that time of the year again

With the March 31 deadline coming up for Hugo nominations, I've been asked by a few people if I have any recommendations.

First off, when it comes to other people, no. I've always kind of thought authors should promote their own stuff. You should be proud of your own work.

My involvement last year as a double-nominee with the help of the Sad Puppies list convinced me my original impression was correct. While some other authors like to promote the works of their friends and colleagues, this just seems to lead to resentment and accusations. If anyone wants to ask me my thoughts privately, sure, I'm always willing to chat. But I'm not going to offer any public recommendations except for myself.

This year, thankfully and gratefully, I am not on any lists of any kind.

Now, as far as my own work, I've decided to go ahead and, in response to questioning, opine that my best short story of 2015 - and therefore the potentially most nomination-worthy - is "Would Olympus Fall", published by Hadley Rille Books in the "Ruins Excavations" anthology.

If you check in with me on a regular basis, you know I've touted the anthology - edited by Eric T Reynolds with a forward by Nisi Shawl - as being a standout, and I'm very proud to be a contributor.
If you would like a copy of "Would Olympus Fall" for your consideration, just comment or PM me or email me at chpaper@juno.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...