Saturday, January 09, 2016

The Week in Review

Wednesday, Jan. 6, was a double anniversary - it was my 59th birthday, and also the first anniversary of my starting work as managing editor of The Clarksville Times.

It was also a good day because I signed a contract for the publication of my short story, "The Milky Way Dance Hall", in an anthology off new and reprint young adult science fiction, fantasy and horror stories in which choices play a pivotal role in the outcome of the story, featuring stories by top YA authors and star authors not typically known for YA as well as up and comers.

My story is one of five original stories in "Decision Points", and there are 13 reprints, including a special version of Orson Scott Card's never before anthologized "The War of Gifts," an Ender story.

Bryan Thomas Schmidt has put together the anthology to be published by WordFire Press.

I also received two story payments on Wednesday, so my wife ad I went to dinner for my birthday using my PayPal debit card. Strangely enough the two payments arrived within 12 minutes of each other.

As the week went on, I got progressively sicker with a cold. I stayed home entirely on Thursday, but Friday I went to a luncheon organizing meeting of the new Lions Club in Clarksville.

When I divulged I am a former Lions Club member and a past president, they named me president of the new Clarksville Club. So that's how the week ended.

I'm still fighting the cold today, and drinking Earl Grey Tea - quite a departure for me, since I am a heavy coffee drinker. But I think I'm on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...