Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Keeping perspective

I want to take a minute to thank the many people who have been supportive and encouraging to me in the wake of the controversy engendered by this year's Hugo nominations.

I am proud of my work. No, I am not the greatest s-f writer on the planet. I am not in the Top Ten. Heck, I don't know if I am in the Top 100. But there are many people who enjoy my work, and they're the reason I write. I certainly don't do it for the money. I write for the fans and the enjoyment it brings both them and myself.

Many people take the whole subject way too seriously, and social media is prodding society into a collective slow-motion nervous breakdown. We all need to slow down, unplug, take a deep breath, and remember what is important in life - family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...