Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"Captain of the Clouds"

Sunday and Monday I banged out my latest short story, a retro-pulp dieselpunk alternate history called "Captain of the Clouds" It starts with an eleven-year old boy on a raft in the Mississippi who pulls an airship captain out of the water after he is tossed overboard when his dirigible is hijacked.

It's a cute story with a happy ending. I'll probably never be able to sell it. The major genre magazines only want stylish bullshit about how much the future's gonna suck. But I really pretty much write for myself, so who cares? I like it, and that's all that really matters. If anyone else happens to read it and also like it, that's so much gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...