Sunday, August 10, 2014

"Ad Valorem"

Did a rewrite today of one of the oldest stories I've written that has never been sold. I think, from some of the topical references, it may go back almost a decade. I laid it aside years ago for some thought. Today I felt I could get my arms around it, and tackled the rewrite. Length contracted over 700 words - a good sign in my opinion. Final length is 2,888. Sent it to OMNI Reboot.

It's about a lady who cheats the tax man by impersonating her dead mother, who had her property taxes "frozen" when she turned 65. She works to fake a DNA test - with unexpected results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...