Monday, December 16, 2013

"Three Twilight Zone Variations on a High School Reunion"

Spent time Sunday starting my next short story, "Three Twilight Zone Variations on a High School Reunion".  I typed out nine pages of a first draft on my Smith Corona Classic 12 manual typewriter. Tonight I ran the pages through a scanner and then through OCR software to convert them into a text file, and then started editing and revising. Up to 2.145 words, this will be a tight story, my guess no longer than 2,500 words.

2 comments:

  1. Do you always use a typewriter, or was this for mood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to use a typewriter when possible, especially on short stories. Because I have to scan the pages and convert them to a text file, it is cumbersome the longer the story.

    I'm of the age that when I first started writing I used a typewriter, and typing a story makes me feel that old sense of wonder. I suppose it's a nostalgia thing.

    I also believe that because I'm a pantser, and I write very fast, using typewriter makes me slow down somewhat and keeps me from just going down rabbit hole or wild tangent as my imagination runs wild.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...