Sunday, September 16, 2012

SASS meeting

The logo of the Society for the Advancement for Speculative Storytelling
SASS (Society for the Advancement of Speculative Storytelling) was formally incorporated as a non-profit group by the Texas Secretary of State on July 31 of this year. I helped organize the group as a home for aspiring writers, newbies, semi-pros and people like me who are casual writers. I'd like to think it will have welcoming, congenial and supportive like many local writers groups are, but at a national level.

We had a by-laws study group of two dozen people who received various incarnations of the proposed bylaws from March until May. Shedrick Pittman-Hassert of Denton, Texas, volunteered to be treasurer and set up the P.O. box; he is the registered agent for SASS. Dario Cirello is the interim president, and Brad Torgerson is the interim v-p. I'm the secretary.

Mike Finn of Houston, hosts our forum, the Inkwell. He will be attending FenCon in Dallas next weekend, as will be Shedrick, who lives in the area. Although I can't attend the con either Friday and Saturday, I plan to drive in Sunday morning; Mike and Shedrick and I will have lunch and talk about SASS stuff, among other things.

We're just about ready to have a formal unveil and start taking dues and have an official membership list; then we can vote in a permanent board.

1 comment:

  1. Copy that. I will formalize the cull for a satellite chapter here and mentor with/edit the whole world to pay my dues, to start off :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...