Saturday, August 18, 2012

"The Shining Crescent"

I finished a 3,200 word short story, "The Shining Crescent", on Wednesday and sent it to a contest that had an Aug. 15 deadline. I got an auto-reply so I know I made it into the slush pile. The magazine promises a response by the end of the month. If I don't get the nod, I will shop it among the usual suspects.

"The Shining Crescent" is a bit different for me because all but one scene is set in the Middle East, and the protagonist is an Arab-American. But the story flowed naturally from the premise of the contest theme.

It is my 106th short story written in a little less than ten years/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...