Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Latest story

For a guy who wants to work on a book, I get easily distracted. On Aug. 5 I got an email about a particular contest that closes Aug. 15. The theme seemed to be a good fit for me (which is why I think it was brought to my attention). I spent last week thinking on a potential subject, and started writing Sunday. I finished the story tonight, at 3,200 words. I will proof it tomorrow and the drop it the slush pile by the end of the day. I actually think it kind of worked out well, it almost reminds me of "Double Exposure" in being tight and all hanging together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...