Friday, July 13, 2012

Nothing to report...

...on the writing front. This week I was pretty much struck down by my two ongoing health problems. First, my carpal tunnel syndrome flared up, badly, to the point I lost feeling in my right thumb. I had to wear a wrist brace to bed for a couple of days.

Second, after eating at a local hamburger shop Wednesday I got very sick with a blood sugar flare-up. I think they made the milkshake I asked for with regular ice cream instead of sugar free ice cream. My blood glucose went over 250, and worse, I had a very painful leg cramp when I tried to go to bed. This was so painful I screamed at the top of my lungs and banged on my leg with my fists to try to numb it. More medicine and some muscle cream set me on the road to recovery.

I've been recovering from both problems for the past two days, and I'm feeling much better, but it was all I could do to get to work on Thursday and Friday, so there's been no fiction writing going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...