Monday, July 30, 2012

A few more buck$

Got my payment for "Pirates of the Ozarks" from Science Fiction Trails this weekend via PayPal. Not a pro sale, but every few bucks helps.

I got a start Sunday on the high fantasy novel, wrote of the first 3,000 words of the beginning.

I felt bad about not being able to attend ArmadilloCon at the last minute, but the convention really seemed to hit at a nadir of our finances. I feel especially bad because the organizers gave me a nice set of panels and even made a last minute adjustment when I asked for it.

As I indicated before, I'm unhappy and frustrated since I've missed more conventions than I have attended in the past eight months. The fact my normal work schedule includes Saturday is not helpful; that combined with never knowing what things will be like a few months down the road have led me to set aside any con plans for the time being.

I may still think about WorldCon in San Antonio; in fact, that may be the ONLY con I attend in 2013. Perhaps if I concentrate on the one con, I may be able to pull it off. I also feel obligated to attend ConDFW next year, since ConDFW in 2003 was the first con I ever attended. But the ways things seem to go, the more I want something, the less likely I am to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...