Thursday, April 19, 2012
"Crab Apples"
I've been working off a list, sorting story ideas from conceits, and I've worked a few of the conceits recently into flashes. This evening I finished up "Crab Apples", which like "The Return of Alfred Bester" and "The Relic" is exactly 995 words. It got into this 990 word kick after writing "Double Exposure", which has been bought by Daily Science Fiction. It came in at 991 words, and honestly, I think it's the best thing I've ever written, certainly my personal favorite. By writing a few flashes, I get the list of story ideas trimmed and have a better idea of what I really have in terms of potential stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?
By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...
-
Comments made so far about my story "Watch What Happens" at Fiction on the Web: "I enjoyed this story very much, nice to g...
-
The deadline for The Hugo Awards nominations is March 10. My story, "On a Spiritual Plain", which was published in issue No. 2 of ...
-
Young Adult Literature Review is getting ready to publish their next issue - scheduled for May 1st - and I have to send them a biography tod...
No comments:
Post a Comment