Saturday, July 09, 2011

Overseas subs

Doing the slush pile shuffle today, it happened that I shot off two stories to markets overseas. I sent "Pirates of the Ozarks" to Albedo One in Ireland and "Custodes" to Something Wicked in South Africa. I was looking around for some new venues, and they kinda jumped out at me. I've submitted to Albedo One before. but not often. I don't recall that I've ever submitted to Something Wicked.

Both stories are alternate histories slash fantasies. Neither magazine pays a lot, but they are well done and I would be proud to be published in them.

I have ten stories is various slush piles now, including "Watch What Happens:, which I finished Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...