Monday, May 23, 2011

Perfesser Lou

Among the various projects I have going on is a proposal for a continuing education class at the local community college on writing speculative fiction. I developed a course proposal and turned it in a few months ago.

Since I only began writing spec fic less than nine years ago (I wrote my first story during the Labor Day Weekend in 2002), I had to learn a lot in a short time, and since I've had a little success - and while it's still fresh in my brain - I thought I'd try my hand with the course.

I checked with the continuing education director at the college today and she was very positive about the proposal, but she said a decision will have to wait until some time next month. She's taking a new position in the college and a decision will have to wait until the new director comes on board.

Still, things sound promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...