Thursday, July 08, 2010

No HM this year


"The Year's Best Science Fiction", the Gardner Dozois St. Martin's Press version that leads the pack in annual "Best of" anthologies in the field is out for this year.

This is the 27th edition. I did not get a mention nor an honorable mention this year, but I really didn't expect it. I really didn't think 2009 saw anything that rose to that level from me.

I can't complain, I've had ten honorable mentions, in 2004 (one), 2005 (four), 2006 (three), 2008 (one) and 2009 (one). I think that back in 2007 I was surprised that nothing made the grade, but I think I have better grasp of the field now and this year's list didn't surprise me.

Just for the record, here are my stories published in 2009:


"Acroscaphe" (with Ed Morris) - Planetary Stories - January 2009
"The Silver Dollar Saucer" - Ray Gun Revival - January 2009
"Professor Malakoff's Amazing Ethereal Telegraph" - Science Fiction Trails No. 4 - March 2009
"Good News for the Dead" - M-Brane SF April 2009
"Airy Chick" - Alienskin magazine, June 2009
"Stairway to Heaven" (with Ed Morris), Encounters Nov. 2009
"Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" (with Ed Morris), The Fifth Dimension, Dec. 2009
"Twilight on the Finger Lakes", Bewildering Stories, Dec. 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...