Sunday, September 13, 2009

My schedule for FenCon

FenCon is next weekend in Dallas, and I got my line-up of panels a few days ago. The panels are very accommodating of my work schedule - my sessions Friday and Saturday are at night, so I can keep my regular routine at work. I will leave work Friday, head into Dallas, drive back lat that night, and then head back after work Saturday. I will stay overnight Saturday at my mother-in-law's - maybe Patricia will come with me - and I will be back in Mount Pleasant Sunday evening.

Here is my line-up:

Friday 9 p.m. "I'm Not Bad,I'm Just Written that Way: The Femme Fatale in Literature".

This will be in the Trinity III room, moderated by Julie Mandala. Other panelists will include Brad Sinor, Lois McMaster Bujold, Mark Finn and Melanie Fletcher.

Friday 10 p.m. "Plan Nine from Outer Space and 50 Years of Bad Movies."

This will be in the Addison Lecture Hall; I'm the moderator. I will be joined by A. Lee Martinez, Keith Candidio, Caroline Fulbright and Teddy Harvia.

Saturday 7 p.m. "Southern Fandom".

This will be in Trinity III, moderated by Warren Buff. Other panelists will be Allan Jackson, Lee Martindale, A. Jackson and T. Morris.

Sunday 2 p.m. "Self-Promotion for Writers".

This will be in the Addison Lecture Hall, moderated by Shanna Swendson. Other panelists will be Rachel Caine, Selena Rosen, Rie Sheridan Rose and P. Blair.

They gave me a 10 a.m. slot Saturday for a reading, but I'll skip that; otherwise I'd take a day off from work for that one thing.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...