Monday, June 22, 2009

Another off in the mail

Finished up "The Centurion and the Rainman" today; clocked in at 5,617 words. It's going out in tomorrow's mail. It's the fifth story I've completed since May 26; the fourth this month ("Blue Tango", which is a collaboration with Brad Sinor, left May 26).

The four solo efforts that have been completed since June 1 are "Great White Ship", "Mak Siccar", "Hopscotch and Hottentots" and now "Centurion". And I'm ready to launch into the next one, "The Stinky Men".

I don't know why, but I just like these most recent stories better than stuff I have written before.

"Centurion" is the 83rd story I've written since I started in Sept. 2002. With the publication of "Airy Chick" in Alienskin this month, I've had 43 publications - so I guess I'm batting .500. This month also marks six years since I had my first publication, "Silvern" in Revolution SF. Next month will mark four years since my first pro story, "A Rocket for the Republic" came out in Asimov's.

It doesn't seem like all that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...