Friday, March 27, 2009

Ray Bradbury - 'Fahrenheit' lecture


The local community college is having a series of films during April as part of an extra credit project in the sociology department. They will be showing "1984", "Forbidden Planet". "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and "Fahrenheit 451". A pair of professors thought showing "science fiction"-type movies would prod the students to think. Now that's sharp.

I volunteered as a guest lecturer, and I will be visiting with them April 16 with my pearls on "Fahrenheit". I have a lot of material on it (including my copy of the 1951Galaxy magazine in which the original story, "The Fireman", ran) and Ray Bradbury.

The professor I spoke to didn't even know Ray is still with us. I'm sure I will be able to dazzle everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...