Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Day the Earth Caught Fire

My newspaper has a Spanish-language weekly edition - which I edit with the help of a bilingual staff member (I don't read or write Spanish myself). I use Spanish-language articles from the Associated Press on some of the pages, and in working on the section I noticed there was a photo of a street vendor in Mexico City chopping up blocks of ice - they'e having a heat wave, and it was up to 81 degrees today.

I'm using the photo in the paper, and that jogged my memory of this movie - which not only was a neat s-f flick, but just about the best movie I ever saw as it relates to the newspaper business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...