Monday, November 19, 2007

Another one done

I finished up "The Goddess of Bleecker Street" over the weekend. I think it clocked in at just over 1,800 words. I dropped it in the mail this morning to Sheila.

I had a great burst of creativity Sunday and pounded out a rough first draft of "Meet Me at the Grassy Knoll". It came in just over 3,000 words. I'm sure there will be a lot of adjustments, but my experience is that - while stories always tighten up - later additions will mitigate that shrinkage somewhat. I'm guessing now "Grassy Knoll" will ultimately came in at 2,800 words.

I'm already thinking of who's on deck. Right now, I'm betting "Sympathy for Salieri" is next. We'll see what the portents foretell... and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...