Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Pleasant visit to the mailbox

I hope everyone who reads this had a nice Labor Day weekend. I actually went out and bought a small grill. I fired it up Monday and cooked up some hot dogs and sausage. The results were more than satisfactory, and we'll probably do that again real soon.
The Hugo awards were announced Saturday at the WorldCon at Yokohama, Japan. It was nice to see - in the report that was released after the voting was announced - that I was a runner-up again for the Campbell Award. I got four nominations. Last year I had five. It's nice to know a few people thought of me when they sent in their ballots.
It was a productive weekend in that I finished the first draft of "Holley With an E". It's only the second story I've ever written that clocks in at novellette length; it currently stands at 9,300 words. This is the second sequel I've written to "The Witch of Waxahachie".
AND speaking of "The Witch of Waxahachie", I got a pleasant post-Labor Day surprise today when I got my check for the story in the mail today from Eric Flint. At eight cents a word, that's the most money I've ever made for a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...