Thursday, August 09, 2007

On Nasfic (Friday)

The train arrived in St. Louis 45 minutes late. That combined with the fact I had fallen asleep and didn't get off the train until it was in the station a half hour combined so that I missed my first panel at 10 a.m. Friday, "Is There Room in an SF Universe for God?"
My next two panels were back to back starting at noon at the Holiday Inn, "Laugh It Up, Fuzzball" at noon and "What do Aliens Mean in Popular Culture?" at 1 p.m. That was good because I was able to sit still and catch my breath.
Steve Silver did a great job as moderator. This was the first time I was on a panel with Senela "Shrinking Violet" Rosen. The other panelist was Laura Underwood.
I met Dave Marusek at this panel; he was a panelist at the very first panel I attended (ConDFW) in 2003. I told him how much I had appreciated the advice he had given then.
I was on a panel Friday night at 8 p.m. "Far Out Physics". I was worried that - being opposite the Guest of Honor interview - no one would come. But the room was packed, standing room only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...