Sunday, July 02, 2006

In memory of Jim Baen

Jim Baen, one of the seminal figures in the s-f publishing business, and namesake of one of the major lines of books, passed away June 28 after suffering a stroke the previous week.

A moving and informative tribute was written by David Drake, who was the GOH at the very first con I ever attended, ConDFW in 2003.

Drake suggested at the end of his tribute that a fitting memorial would be to donate a copy of "The World Turned Upside Down" to a young persons or public library.

After my recent purchase of a 500 book collection at an estate sale, I have multiple copies of "World", so I'm walking across the street next week and giving a copy to my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...