Saturday, February 11, 2006

I am not Joe Lansdale!!!

If you read the previous post, you know who Edward Morris is. I emailed him later and thanked him for his kind comments. We''ve had a very nice exchange, and one observation he made just cracked me up:

"Honestly, my first thought was that 'Lou Antonelli' was a pen name for 'Joe-R.-Lansdale-trying-his-hand-at-very-creditable-sf', but I see I was wrong. "

It never occurred to me that I'd be mistaken as Champion Joe's s-f doppelganger, but now that I think of it, it makes perfect sense, because Joe has such a "Texas" sense in so much he writes, and of course, "Rocket for the Republic" is the best steampunk tall tale alternate/secret history ever written set the in the Texas Republic. Of course, it's probably the only steampunk tall tale alternate/secret history ever written set the in the Texas Republic...

Lawrence Person emailed yesterday. The next Turkey City workshop in Austin is slated for March 18. Of course, I accepted. Bruce Sterling will be in Austin and Lawrence got him to volunteer to be the guest author again. Bruce hosted the first Turkey City I ever attended in Oct. 2004.

I've replied to Lawrence and volunteered to bake a lasagna for lunch. As those of you who've had the pleasure of eating my lasagna know, it is the Platonic Ideal of the dish.

As we say in Texas, "It ain't bragging if you can do it."

1 comment:

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...