Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Changing of the Sentinel

The conversion is complete at the web site which originally belonged to a newspaper I once ran. The newspaper went belly up in 2001, but the web site has chugged along. However, I have little time or interest for it, and as our last paid advertiser dropped off, I thought it was time to convert it to my personal web site.

Ironically, the newspaper was called the Sentinel - but "The Sentinel" was also the name of the Arthur C. Clarke story that became "2001: A Space Odyssey". So I'm calling it Sentinel Science Fiction. That's actually a pretty good name for a sci-fi site.

Most science fiction authors have web sites, both for self-promotion and to allow people to find them.

Since I already have the web site (and a fairly good deal on the hosting) I'll keep it for myself.

People may wonder, though, about the URL: www.cedarhillsentinel.com. I guess that will become a little back story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...