Tuesday, January 02, 2018

My last post reviewing my published short fiction in 2017

My 10th and final story of the year, "Queens Crossing", was published on Nov. 11 in "More Alternative Truths", the follow-up anthology to "Alternative Truths" which came out in the spring,
"Alternative Truths" took "a look at the post-election America that is, or will be, or could be." It was so successful that a sequel was rapidly organized. "Alternative Truths" had two dozen contributors, and "More Alternative Truths" cast an even wider net and brought in some new contributors - including myself.
I went back to my favorite sub-genre, alternate history, and took off from the observation that Donald Trump and Jerry Springer are essentially contemporaries and both grew up in Queens, New York.
Thinking about their similarities and dissimilarities, I was able to spin out one one of my better alternate histories, and perhaps my best short story of the year. Fellow contributor Karen Anderson commented "Lou Antonelli poses an alternate reality so plausible that I emerged from it temporarily disoriented."
High praise indeed, perhaps the goal of any alternate history author?
If you haven't bought and read this anthology yet, you need to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...