Saturday, September 02, 2017

The end of voting

Well. today is the last day to vote for the Dragon awards. The presentation will be tomorrow (Sunday) at the convention. I'm sorry I couldn't make the it, but everyone understands how Harvey messed up my plans (that and the Arkansas highway people).

I've already been told by a number of people they'll be there tomorrow and rooting for me. Thanks! I already feel like a winner, with all the support and great reviews I have received.

I won't post a link to the sign-up to vote, because the deadline has already passed. But if you are going to vote today, I'd appreciate your consideration (I just voted yesterday myself).

To all my friends and colleagues at DragonCon: I see you're having a great time. Enjoy yourself, and be safe on the return trip. As a number of people have observed, Dragoncon will be there again next year, so here's hoping.

It was a painful decision to bow to fate and admit defeat and turn around Thursday, but I didn't want to be on the winner's list this year and then the Memorial List next year.

I'm home and safe and sound and dry and I plan to get caught up with my submissions and keep writing. Thanks for all the kid wishes and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...