Sunday, January 22, 2017

Here's something of an anachronism

When I started writing and submitting fiction at the end of 2002, there were few, if any, venues that accepted electronic submissions.

That's changed, and today almost all publications require electronic submissions; many use submission portals.

The last time I had to submit a hard copy and include a SASE was last year, for Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet. They seem to be the last hold-out.

And they send me back a rejection in my SASE. It was almost nostalgic.

I know authors would much rather tout acceptances than rejections, but I'll give Lady Churchill's credit for doing it the old-fashioned way, and I thought it would be interesting to note it here.

By the way, it IS a quality magazine and you should five them a try, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...