Thursday, August 11, 2016

Dragon finalists announced

I got my email last night with the link to vote for the Dragon awards. Looking over the finalists, it appears the Dragons are what the Hugos claim to be, or used to be - a inclusive recognition of the best speculative fiction from the previous year.

There's a wide variety of authors and works selected, and a number of my Facebook chums appear.

BTW, I was not eligible in any Dragon category this year - my only published fiction in 2015 were short stories, and the short story category was handled through a separate but associated Award, the Eugie Foster Memorial Award for Short Fiction. Nominations for that are only accepted from editors and publishers.

Those who nominated works for 2016 included John Joseph Adams, Mike Allen, Scott H. Andrews, Michele Barasso, Neil Clarke, Ellen Datlow, Charles Coleman Finlay, Niall Harrison, Emily Hockaday, Michael Kelly, Jonathan Laden, Mike Resnick, Scott Roberts, Edmund R. Schubert, Jason Sizemore, Jonathan Strahan, Lynne M Thomas, and Sean Wallace.

Yeah, looks like another award I'm backballed from.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Why would you be "blackballed"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been a "Sad Puppy" Hugo nominee last year, I've been blackballed from many publications and conventions. It comes with the territory, I'm used to it.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...