Sunday, February 02, 2014

Back from book signing

The signing went well in Longview. I sold five books in three hours. I probably could have sold more, but I had to leave at 4 p.m. because I had a commitment to attend an event back home at 6:30 p.m.

In addition to the actual sales, these appearances seem to be good PR, so I think they are helpful. Two guys came in together; one bought "Clock" and the other got on his iPhone and said he ordered "Fantastic Texas" on Kindle.

Speaking on iPhone, one young guy came up and said he walked in the store, and when he saw me there, he looked me up on the web. "You're a big author!" he said, and bought a book.

I've sold enough books now these two weekends I am going to have to order more from Ian Strock. I have a signing here at the local library next Saturday, and then I will be at ConDFW Feb. 21-23.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...