Monday, October 22, 2012

Slush pile shuffle

Spent time Sunday updating my submissions log and otherwise tending to records that were starting to get disorganized.

I got an email Thursday from a magazine to whom I sent a story in January and never heard back from. I queried in September and also didn't get a reply, so moved on and resubmitted the story elsewhere. It was rejected and has been submitted elsewhere.

Now someone from the magazine finally replied. They were very apologetic, but have no record of ever having received the story. They asked I send it by email, which I did (it was originally mailed). I guess this is a multi-sub now, but unavoidable. I hope there are no complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...