Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Book fair on Friday

I received an invitation to participate in a college book fair this past weekend. Normally, I have a problem attending book fairs since I work on Saturdays, but this book fair is being held on a Friday afternoon - my day off. So I will try to make it.

It is being held at Wiley College in Marshall, outside its library. I have posted a copy of the flier.

Wiley College is a historically black college founded after the Civil War. It has a distinguished history, and its debating team's winning of the national championship in 1935 was fictionalized in the 2007 movie "The Great Debaters"?

On the subject of days off, it looks like, because of a change in the publication schedule at the newspaper, I may be getting Saturdays and Sundays off in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...