I must admit, I'm not doing too shabby with the fiction writing. I just realized that, for the first time in my life, I have signed contracts and two stories pending at pro rates - "Great White Ship" with Daily Science Fiction and "The Centurion and the Rainman" with Buzzymag. "Ship" also counts as a pro sale; although Buzzy pays a pro rate, as a new mag they're not an SFWA qualifying publication yet. And Chris Garcia has "The Quantum Gunman" - the story I banged out in the foyer on my portable typewriter while at FenCon - which he plans to publish in Drink Tank 300.
I've also had eight stories published this year, to wit:
* "Black Hats and Blackberrys" - Bewildering Stories, March 2011
* "Irredenta" - World SF Blog, March 15, 2011
* "Meet Me at the Grassy Knoll" - 4 Star Stories, Spring 2011
* "Hopscotch and Hottentots" - Shadowgate, April 2011
* "Ghost Writer" - Flashes in the Dark, June 16, 2011
* "Mak Siccar" - 4 Star Stories, Summer 2011
* "The Goddess of Bleecker Street" - Kalkion, July 2011
* "Re-opening Night" - 4 Star Stories - Sept. 2011
I have seven stories in various slush piles, so there's possibilities there, also.
By Tom Rogneby Lou Antonelli has gathered together a number of his short stories and published them as In the Shadow of the Cross. Over ...
Over a week ago I posted information which I believed to be correct at the time, to the effect that an on-line presence named Camestros Fela...
Here it is: 2017 Dragon Con Awards This ballot must be submitted by Tuesday, August 29th, 11:59 EDT (UTC -4) 1. Best Science Fiction ...
Patricia and I will be gone Friday and Saturday to the North and East Texas Press Association's annual convention in Granbury, Texas. Th...