Monday, January 04, 2010

Signings for "Fantastic Texas" start Feb. 6

I have begun to line up my schedule of book signings for "Fantastic Texas". So far I have every Saturday in February booked up, as the Hastings Book Stores in Mount Pleasant, Waxahachie, Paris and Longview.

Mount Pleasant being my home town will host the first signing on Feb. 6 from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. I will be in Dallas the following weekend for ConDFW and Saturday evening I will drive down I-35 and have a signing in Waxahachie from 5-7 p.m. Then back to East Texas for signings in Paris from 2-4 on Feb. 20, and then I will be at the Longview Hastings Feb. 27.

There will be a New Authors' Night at the Barnes & Noble in Tyler in March, and I should also be there. Although B&N is the country's largest chain, there are a lot of Hastings here in Texas (the company is based in Amarillo) and they are easy to deal with. "Fantastic Texas" is available from the Ingram book distributors (which is owned by B&N) and who supplies Hastings.

Although I expect to peddle my own books at most of these signings (because I make the most money that way), at least one of the Hastings is asking the company to get the book on their list from Ingram.

Still looking into Books a Million, which has outlets in Texarkana and Longview.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:34 AM

    Just for clarification, Ingram Book Group is not, and never has been, owned by B&N. IBG is a privately held company.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...