Sunday, October 12, 2008

20th anniversary

It was Oct. 12, 1988, when Rev. Ian Paisley of Northern Ireland heckled the Pope during a visit to the European Parliament

I remember when this happened, and I find it interesting that I am currently writing a high alternate history novella which manages to transpose "The Troubles' of Northern Ireland from Hibernia to North America (The 'Nueces Strip' to be exact, here in Texas), and Paisley is one of the characters.



Any in case, I am looking forward to "Dispatches from The Troubles". It's kind of a spin-off from "Dance with me, Henry", insofar as I had the character of Joseph Kennedy, Jr. in the book make some pointed comments about Irish subjugation, and it's very much in keeping with the high AH style - which is why someone like Paisley will make an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...