Sunday, January 06, 2008

The book

The question of which short story to proceed with was decided on New Year's day by a visit to the local Hastings book store. Now, I've had a book outline for a while, but I hadn't been able to get started for a simple reason - I couldn't come up with a good title. While browsing the shelves, I guess a conflation of titles came together into something original - and appropriate, given the subject of my book. I began writing up the outline that night and I've been working on it ever since. So the answer to the question was: None. Write the book.

Today was my birthday (51st). I invited friends from work over for some home-made lasagna. Beforehand, I had to make a last-minute run to pick up some supplies. As I passed the supermarket paperback book rack, I saw a copy of "Variable Star". So I bought it.

Overall, not a bad week at all.

On New Year's day, I began writing my great s-f novel. On my birthday, I bought a copy of Robert Heinlein's last s-f novel.

Sounds like John Scalzi, don't it? (wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...